You are in: Services » Boys and Girls Clubs
Did You Know...
Why We Have Organizational Credibility?
Because we are Members of Two Great National Organizations!
- The Salvation Army, in studies of non-profit organizations, is continually rated the most trusted non-profit organization in the country, with the highest cost /benefit ratio... 83 cents of every dollar going to serve the needy
- Boys & Girls Clubs of America is rated by The Chronicle of Philanthropy, as the fasted growing and #1 youth organization in the country
What Makes Boys & Girls Clubs Effective?
It is four key characteristics that define the Boys & Girls Club "Difference."
- Dedicated Youth Facility: The Boys & Girls Club is "The Positive Place for Kids"... designed solely for youth programs and activities, it is their place!
- Open Daily: The Club is available everyday after school (M-F 2:30 to 8:30) and all day during the Summer (M-F 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.), when kids have free time and need positive, productive outlets
- Professional Staff: Every Club has full-time, trained youth development professionals, providing positive role models and mentors and supplemented by trained part-time employees and volunteers
- Available/Affordable to All Youth: Clubs reach out to kids who cannot afford, or lack access to, other community programs
Boys & Girls Clubs Offer Programs That Work!
Clubs offer diversified programs that appeal to the young people's needs and interests in six core areas:
- Education and Career Development
- Character and Leadership Development
- Health & Life Skills
- The Arts
- Sports, Fitness & Recreation
- Spiritual Development (voluntary)
Boys & Girls Clubs use time-tested methods and programs to ensure that at-risk, predominately low- income youth develop carry-over skills and attitudes that enable them to succeed in school, in their communities, at home, and in their future adult lives.
The Salvation Army Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Atlanta Are:
- providing safe, neat, clean facilities that are well-equipped and aesthetically pleasing
- situated in some of Atlanta's most impoverished and unsafe neighborhoods by design
- serving in membership approximately 2000 youth (6 to 18 years old) and an additional 2500 in community outreach activities.
- serving in 3 Clubs during the school year an average of 470 youth per day and during summers 500 youth per day
- offering young people what they need most... adults who respect and listen to them;` a safe environment where they can have fun and be themselves; and interesting, constructive activities that channel youthful energy into challenging pursuits
- instilling into and inspiring youth to accept responsibility for their own behavior, to overcome obstacles in positive ways, to develop an "I CAN' attitude, and to plan to succeed.
How We Know We're Successful
Because we have standards and evaluations in place:
- B&GCA Annual Report
- Salvation Army Annual Audit
- B&GCA Standards of Organizational Effectiveness - assesses the overall operation of our Organization
- B&GCA Commitment to Quality - annual evaluation of our offered programs and services
- Parent Survey - a survey of a random sample of members' parents to rate their opinion of our services
- Program Grant Evaluations to Funding Sources - responding to how well we meet the objectives of their grant