Ways to Volunteer:
- Disaster Relief:
- Volunteers help provide more than just a warm meal and beverage. They help provide the emotional support needed in times of disaster.
- Emergency Assistance:
- Assistance is provided during fires, hurricanes, floods, and other devastating events.
- Kettle Campaign:
- The money raised during the Kettle Campaign helps pay for all the Christmas programs listed here as well as other needs through the year. Bell ringers are always needed, or consider Adopt-A-Kettle for your family, church, business or organization.
- Youth Activities:
- Character building youth programs include music and arts school, as well as after school sporting and tutoring opportunities.
- Be an Angel:
- Individuals, families, and groups select a child (ages 1-13) or senior (age 55 and older) for whom they provide a special Christmas.
- Toy Shop:
- Parents shop for gifts--at no cost--for their children (ages 1-13) in the Toy Shop. Volunteers are needed for distribution.
- Volunteers fill stockings with gifts for girls and boys and for senior citizens.
- Dolls & Bears Project:
- Volunteers make outfits to dress dolls or bears for girls.
- Holiday Meals:
- Volunteers serve meals at the Army Shelter or deliver meals to shut-ins on Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Holiday Food Boxes:
- Volunteers fill boxes with selected non-perishables to supply the Food Pantry.
If you cannot give of your time, and you would like to support our projects, send your tax deductible donation to:
For information about volunteer opportunities in these and other areas for individuals, groups, clubs, businesses, or organizations, please call Scott Thomas at 423-756-1023 or email Scott_Thomas@uss.salvationarmy.org
The Salvation Army, 800 McCallie Avenue, Chattanooga, TN 37403.