Services of the Salvation Army of Chattanooga include the following:
Social Service Ministries:
- Emergency and Disaster Services:
- Our mobile canteen is always ready to assist victims and relief workers in time of flood, fire, tornado, or other devastating situations.
- Thrift Store and Food Pantry:
- A Thrift Store provides clothing, furniture, household items, and toys at a reasonable price. A Food Pantry is the place for those who qualify to receive necessary non-perishable items, baby supplies, and toiletries. In addition, utility payment assistance and advocacy services are available for certain emergencies.
- Transient Shelter and Sanction Center:
- The Transient Shelter provides men the physical assistance (food, a shower, a safe place) and the spiritual direction necessary to set goals and begin again. The Federal Bureau of Prisons' Sanction Center (halfway house) allows men to regain self-respect and prepare to re-enter society.
- Junior Soldiers:
- Bible stories and religious instruction for the young.
- Home League, Men's Club, Seniors' Group:
- Fellowship, Worship, Education, and Service for all adults.
- Singing Company, Songster Brigade, Senior Brass Band:
- Music programs that provide both training and service for all ages.
- League of Mercy:
- Nursing Home visitation that brings hope and comfort to the confined and elderly.
- After School Programs:
- Mentoring and homework assistance deal not only with academic-related work but also with life-related issues.
- Music Programs:
- Graded instruction in brass instruments, piano, and singing develop skill and discipline.
- Recreation/Scouting Programs:
- There is seasonal recreation all year 'round. Exciting Scouting opportunities are offered for boys and girls from grade one through high school.
- Camping Programs:
- At Camp Paradise Valley, there are a wide range of camping experiences for all ages including Family Retreats and Senior Camps. Young people enjoy traditional camping or may select a special camp such as music conservatory.