Grants Awarded: Up to $7,500.00 per year
Contact Person: Divisional Commanders of the Southern Territory
1) Applicants must be from the Southern Territory.
2) Applicants must have a 2.0 CGPA or above to qualify.
3) Applicants must attend a four-year Christian College and application needs to be made prior to entering the college.
4) Applicants must be minority (non-Caucasian) students that wish to become Salvation Army Officers or serve the Lord through their profession in the Salvation Army.
5) Applications must be made for a full year. No half semesters are accepted.
6) Applications will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis and must be submitted by the applicant no later than June 1st for the fall school term or no later than October 1st for the spring.
7) Applications are submitted to the Assistant Principal for the School for Continuing Education who works directly with the Territorial Secretary for Multi-Cultural Ministries in the selection of the recipient(s) for the scholarship. The selection process will adhere to the guidelines established herein. The selection process will allow each Command Head equal opportunity to participate with maximum representation of one recipient, one per division. No more than 4 divisions at one time allowed. Maximum of 4 students per year.
The THQ Finance Department will send the scholarship proceeds to the Assistant Principal at the School for Continuing Education for forwarding.