Israel and Eva Gaither Scholarship Endowment Fund
Jack McDowell School for Leadership Development
The mission of the Jack McDowell School for Leadership Development is to equip spiritually motivated leaders to grow in character, compassion and competencies to achieve the mission of The Salvation Army.
The Gaither scholarship supports the mission by enabling worthy applicants to become exemplary leaders.
Grants awarded: Up to $5,000 per year
Applicants are soldiers engaged in a degree program or active officers engaged in an approved leadership development degree/program. Examples of this include leadership programs at Trevecca Nazarene University, Gordon-Conwell Seminary, or Regent University, and the Arrow Leadership program.
Program outline will be included with the application.
All applicants will complete a scholarship application form, available from Divisional or Command Headquarters.
All grants are on an annual basis. Receipt of a grant in a given year does not ensure further grants will be awarded in subsequent years of a student's program.
1) If not an officer, hold a leadership position in a local corps.
2) Provide a brief statement, demonstrating why the student is deserving of this scholarship as an investment in the student's leadership.
3) Receive written recommendation of the corps officer/supervisor (to be submitted with application).
4) Demonstrate a commitment to lifelong learning.
5) If not an officer, carry a full-time study program each semester, as per the requirements of the student's curriculum.
6) Forward transcript, with thank you letter, by due date set by the School for Leadership Development and immediately upon completion of class.
7) Reply promptly to any request for information from the School for Leadership Development.
8) Submit the Gaither Scholarship application form, including the completed Tentative Budget Worksheet.
9) Attach latest grades (including high school or college GPA).