Appreciated assets can provide you an opportunity to experience one of life's greatest rewards - giving to help others. Gifts of appreciated assets - like stock or mutual funds - are simple, effective and a tax-wise way to support the work of The Salvation Army.
By giving stock or mutual funds, you may take full advantage of any charitable contribution deduction (when you itemize) and avoid capital gains tax.
Your gift will provide immediate support for the work of The Salvation Army in your community.
Your gift may be made by either certificate or electronic transfer.
Types of Outright gifts:
- Real Estate
- Gifts from an IRA
- Stock and other Appreciated Assets
- In Kind
To receive assistance in making your gift, please contact the Regional Resource Development Director for your area. Regional Resource Development directors are trained to provide information and assistance to donors to help maximized their gift.
Talking with a Resource Development Director:
- You become an active participant in making your gift. You maintain control of your gift by designating it to a Corps location, programs or services you select.
- There is no pressure, obligation or cost to you for a visit from a regional director. They are there to keep you updated on the work of your local Salvation Army and to assure that your "gifting experience" is pleasureable and stress-free.
- Personal Service. Whenever possible, your gift will be personally hand-delivered to The Salvation Army and your reciept will be personally delivered to you.
- You will recieve information and explanations necessary to assist you in making an educated decision as to how to designate a gift that benefits recipients of a program and services that are important to you.
- Regional Resource Development Directors look out for you. Different gifts provide different benefits. The Resource Development Team will help you make a gift that has the most potential for charitable benefits according to your particular situation. As always, we encourage our donors to speak with their finaical advisors before making a significant gift.
For more information on donating please contact the Regional Resource Development directors:
North Central Florida & Panhandle:
Orlando and Central Florida
Tampa Bay Area:
or call Toll Free at 1 (800) SLV-ARMY, 1 (800) 758-2769.