"BE A SHIELD"
Volunteer Recruitment Campaign
The Salvation Army of Greater New Orleans has been supporting those in the most need in His name for over 125 years. We stand by our commitment of "Doing the Most Good". But in order to meet our commitments, we need your help. That's why we are inviting you to Be A Shield.
What is Be A Shield? It is a way to involve the community in the work of The Salvation Army. It is an opportunity to give back. Here in New Orleans, we want to inspire passion and give you the chance to volunteer, advocate, and donate. There are many different ways that you can Be A Shield. Here are a few ideas:
1. Host a clothing drive for The Salvation Army or donate clothes to our local Family Thrift Store.
2. Become a volunteer bell ringer during the holiday season.
3. "Like" us on Facebook.
4. Host a toy drive for The Salvation Army.
5. Start a group knitting or crocheting club and make scarves caps, and mittens for the homeless.
6. Host a food drive for The Salvation Army.
7. Donate nonperishable food items to our local Center of Hope homeless shelter.
8. Become a volunteer for The Salvation Army.
9. Facebook and Tweet about how you started to Be A Shield for The Salvation Army.
10. Donate to The Salvation Army.
11. Collect coats, sweaters, socks, gloves, and hats for the homeless.
These are just some of the ways that you can Be A Shield. If you have any suggestions, ideas, or questions, please call (504) 899-4569 Ext. 317 or click here - we would love to hear from you!