"He who is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward him for what he has done." Proverbs 19:17
Why donate to The Salvation Army?
- Your donation has the ability to change lives in our community. Through a wide variety of programs The Salvation Army provides services and ministries to thousands of individuals each year. This is only possible through the generosity of donors, like you.
- The Salvation Army has been serving the Florida Keys since 1954 and we have remained committed to our mission of "preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ and meeting human needs in His name without discrimination." The late management guru Peter Drucker called The Salvation Army "the most effective organization". A donor shared that he continues to give to The Salvation Army because he feels we are a trustworthy organization that will "do the most good" with his gift.
- We know the value of your dollar and are frugal with your donation, putting as much of your money toward the cause as possible and striving to keep our administrative cost low. The Salvation Army depends on the material donations and thousands of volunteer hours given each year.
- Your donation impacts local needs.
- Your gift is tax deductible.
How to become a donor:
- Send a check to: The Salvation Army - PO Box 2878 - Key West, FL 33045-2878
- Drop off your donation at any of our locations.
- Donate on-line by clicking on the red kettle on the left tool bar
- Call to make a credit card contribution over the phone at 1.800.SAL.ARMY
- For more information on how you can become a donor, please call The Salvation Army at 305.294.5611
- A planned gift is arranged by you legally during your lifetime. The principal benefits accrue to your beneficiary, after your death. Planned gifts take many forms such as: bequests, wills, gift annuities, trust, endowments, insurance policies, etc. Please contact The Salvation Army when working with your legal advisor to ensure that your dollars are appropriated according to your wishes.
Gifts in Kind:
- Gifts-in-kind are non-monetary donations of value to The Salvation Army where there is no exchange of goods or services. Gifts-in-kind include, but are not limited to donations to specific programs (Angel Tree, Tools for School, Adopt a Family, and Operation Cool Breeze), non perishable food items for our food pantry, disaster items, free printing or advertising, volunteer hours, etc. The Salvation Army Corps Community center will request and accept program specific items that have been identified as a need.
- Most material gifts-in-kind such as clothing, furniture, and other miscellaneous items can be donated to our Family Stores. Click here to learn more about our Family Stores.
- The Salvation Army is happy to accept any usable items for our programming. These resources have proved to be extremely beneficial to our work and help us keep our costs down. If you would like to make a gift-in-kind donation, please contact The Salvation Army at 305.294.5611 for more information.
- If you would like your donation to go to a specific program please earmark your gift with the program title.
- Make your donation in honor or memory of someone. Please include an address of the person you are honoring or a living family member you would like notified of your gift.
Thank you for your support. For more information, please contact The Salvation Army at 305.294.5611