CHARITABLE GIVING, YOUR WAY
* Note to current Pledge donors: "Friends of The Army" is replacing the "Bed & Bread" program in name only! The monthly donations will still go to provide food and shelter to those who need it, here in our community.
As a Friend of The Army, YOU can:
- Tell us how much and how often you want to donate; we'll listen.
- Reduce the amount of mail you receive.
- Receive convenient reminders when it?s time for your planned donation.
- Review your Annual Statement detailing your donations for tax deduction purposes.
- Donate because you want to, not because you?re hounded or feel guilty.
- Reduce The Salvation Army?s costs (because we send less mail), so more money goes to helping people.
- Support a wide range of Salvation Army programs that help provide food and shelter to the homeless.
- Enable The Salvation Army to do long-range planning to help more people.
- Be part of the group that believes in making the world a better place.
Friends of The Army is the program that puts YOU first.
You want to feel comfortable and gratified about your charitable giving. But you don?t want to be constantly asked for money, flooded with mail, or feel
you're giving out of guilt. We don?t want that either.
As a donor, you have the deepest appreciation, admiration, and respect of The Salvation Army. You make it possible for us to do the Lord's work of rescuing and rehabilitating the needy.
The Salvation Army stands for caring, compassion, and kindness. That's our purpose. And when you become a Friend of The Army, you share in that purpose. It's almost as if you're working right beside us as we minister to the needy.
How does Friends of The Army work? Friends of The Army makes donating convenient. Simply decide which of the following giving plans is best for you:
Monthly - suggested donation: $10 per month
Quarterly - suggested donation: $30 every three months
Annually - suggested donation: $120 once per year (on any month you choose)
When it?s time to donate, you'll receive a friendly reminder in the mail. So you don?t have to mark your calendar or worry about forgetting. Simply send your check in the envelope provided. As a Friend of The Army, you will no longer receive the standard fundraising letters from The Salvation Army.
And at the end of the year, you'll receive an Annual Statement detailing your donations for tax-deduction purposes.
Other than the reminders, the only mail you receive is The Salvation Army newsletter two or three times a year, and a special Christmas holiday mailing. These pieces will keep you up to date on all the work The Salvation Army does, and allow us to share our holiday blessings with you.
If you decide to leave Friends of the Army, simply write "cancel" on the reminder and send it back.
Join now. Call Donor Relations @ 202-756-3924 for an enrollment form. Or file out and return the form below.