You are in: Services » Angel Tree Program
The Salvation Army Angel Tree Program provides new clothing and toys for children from low-income Jacksonville Area households. A sponsoring company or corporation places a Christmas tree in a secure, high-pedestrian traffic area or lobby. The tree is decorated with numbered paper Angel Tags with the first name, age and gender of the child who will receive the gift.
Angel Tree Donors remove one or more tags from the Angel Tree and purchase appropriate gifts for the child or children on the tag(s). The toys are then delivered to The Salvation Army and later distributed to the child in time for the Christmas Holiday.
Due to the economic hardship of our community, we have decided to help a select population this year. Therefore, the qualifications have changed from previous years.
An applicant must meet the income qualifications (listed in the table below) AND one of the following:
- At least one member of the household is employed
- Household income has decreased due to unemployment within the last 6 months
- Your household receives a fixed income of Social Security, SSI, or SSDI
HOUSEHOLD INCOME GUIDELINES
If you have no income and no one in the household has worked in over 6 months, you do not qualify for our program. If you do not qualify for our assistance, there are other resources in the community that may assist you. We can refer you to The Children’s Christmas Party, which is open to all persons with no qualifications. This year it is held on Saturday, December 12th at the Prime Osborn Center from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm.
All applicants must bring the following documentation:
- Picture I.D. for adult applying
- Social Security Cards for all members of household
- Birth certificates for all children
- Verification of ALL household income
- Wages (last 3 Check Stubs)
- If not currently working, bring check stubs from your last job (within 6 months)
- Unemployment Check Stubs
- Social Security, SSI or SSDI Benefit Statement
- Food Stamps Benefit Statement
- Verification of all household expenses
- JEA bill
- Phone bill
- Cable bill
- Credit Card bills
- Car payments or car insurance
- Medical bills
- Custody Papers (if you are not named on the birth certificate)
If you do not have all required documentation, you will not be approved for assistance.
APPLICATION DATES AND TIMES (For Duval County residents)
Applications will be taken at The Salvation Army Social Service Center located at 900 W. Adams Street, Monday through Friday, from 9:00am to 11:30am. You must arrive before 11:30am in order to be seen.
Applications dates for Christmas assistance are October 3rd through October 28th.
If you have questions regarding the application process, please call (904) 301-4791.