From its inception, The Salvation Army has relied heavily on volunteers who support its programs. Often referred to as “the army behind The Army," volunteers play a crucial role in The Salvation Army's ability to provide quality social services for the entire community.
Discover the joy of giving back to your community: become a Salvation Army volunteer TODAY! Thank you for exploring the many opportunities to help those in need and enhance your community as a volunteer within The Salvation Army.
Please take a moment to review our current opportuntities and see how The Salvation Army is partnering with people like you to fulfill its promise of Doing the Most Good.
We urgently need sorters at our Family Store as well as a volunteer to "staff" the donation door. Call 772-288-1471 ext 202 for details.
Volunteer Opportunities For Every Skill And Interest
Disaster Services - Have you ever watched the news when a local or national disaster strikes and thought "I'd like to be one of those people out there helping others?" Then this volunteer work will be for you! We are always looking for volunteers to help during a time of emergency - whether it's a flood, hurricane or tornado. We will provide training. There is also opportunity, once trained, for disaster volunteers to help in other parts of the country as well.
Community Care Ministries/Nursing Home Visitation -
Persons are needed to make visits as well as help during Christmas and Easter to distribute gifts and socks.
Family Store - is located at 1860 SE Federal Highway in Stuart. Help is needed to tag and hang clothes, process linens and sort donations. These items are placed in their respective locations on the floor and volunteers assist in keeping the store organized.
Booth's Cafe - Families and individuals in the area come to The Salvation Army Booth's Café every Friday from 5 - 7 p.m. for dinner. Help is needed in cooking and serving the food, as well as cleaning up the kitchen and tables.
Social Service Office/Pantry - Help is needed in stocking the Pantry's shelves with canned goods and non-perishable items. Expiration dates are checked and bags are made up for individuals and families of four. Hygiene kits are also assembled.
Administrative/Corps Office - Help is needed in shredding documents, stuffing envelopes, affixing labels, computer entry, organizing the supply closet, making copies and many other day-to-day projects.
Compassion House - A background check is needed for ALL volunteers in the Compassion House. In addition, the Safe From Harm workshop is required when working with the children in the Compassion House.
Assistance is needed with:
- Resume writing / Online Applications / Basic typing and computer skills
- Nutrition / Hygiene / Etiquette / Self -esteem. Weekly classes are encouraged.
- Afterschool homework and bedtime story reading. Children are never left in The Salvation Army or SAWA care.
- Kids Day Out- Day activity time for low income families to get out and experience our community. Volunteers are needed to interact and supervise the children.
- Vacation Bible School- Help is needed to assist with crafts, set up, clean up, and to interact with children.
- Kits for camp- Volunteers are needed to make up small "camp kits" for kids going to The Salvation Army's Camp Keystone in Stark, Florida.
- Back packs- Help is needed to help stuff 400 back packs and distribute them to needy families.