Keeping families together in their homes is a top priority for The Salvation Army of Martin County. We know, that on any given day in Martin County, many people find themselves without jobs. Job loss can be devastating to an individual and his or her family – as can incarceration, illness or any sudden decrease in income. It often means choosing between paying this month’s mortgage or buying diapers and food. Through our Social Services program, we help hundreds of people each month with emergency financial assistance with their rent or mortgage, their utility payment, food, clothing and furniture. To see if you qualify for assistance, call 772-288-1471 or see the qualifications listed below.
What do I need to qualify for assistance with my rent, mortage or utilities?
In order to be interviewed for possible assistance, the following is REQUIRED:
- You must be a resident of Martin County.
- Photo IDs for applicant and every adult in the household, and birth certificates for children. Some form of identification is needed.
- Current proof of income from last 4 weeks (Pay stubs, summary from SSI, DCF, Disability, Workman’s Comp., etc.)
- If seeking assistance for your utility bill: you must have the original “final notice” bill.
- If seeking assistance with rent or mortgage: you must provide a three-to-five days eviction notice and copy of lease (if notice is handwritten, it must be notarized by landlord), or late notice for mortgage assistance. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- If seeking assistance with food, you must provide proof you have previously applied for or are in the process of applying for food stamps. If you do not have proof, you will be given USDA food only.
- We need proof of reason as to why you are in need of assistance.
PLEASE BE ADVISED:
- Interviews may take anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour or more on a case by case basis.
- Interviews can be scheduled by calling 772-288-1471
ext. 201. Interviews are generally by appointment only.
HOURS OF OPERATION: Monday thru Friday 8:30a.m. to 12:00noon and 1:00 to 3:30pm. We are closed between 12:00-1:00 for lunch.
For Immediate Assistance
If you need immediate assistance, please contact The Salvation Army in Stuart, Florida.
821 SE Martin Luther King Jr Blvd Stuart, FL 34994
Phone: (772) 288-1471
Fax: (772) 288-4982
» Disaster Services
» Youth Programs
» Christmas Programs