No Act of Kindness is too Small to Make a Difference!
The Salvation Army has been blessed to serve the people of Hillsborough County since 1893 because of the generous support of our donors, volunteers and community advocates. Through the recent economic challenges, your support has enabled us to continue to serve our neighbors in need 365 days a year.
Each day, more than 200 homeless men, women and children call The Salvation Army Tampa Area Command home.
The Salvation Army's Tampa Command operates the 132-bed Red Shield Lodge Emergency Shelter, the 50-bed Hospitality House Transitional Housing Program for Homeless Women & Children, and the 43-bed Hope House Transitional Housing Program for Homeless Men.
Current needs include funding to:
- Provide short and long-term housing for homeless men, women and children
- Toiletries for Men, Women & Children (shampoo, soap, diapers, razors, shaving cream, etc.)
- Cleaning Products
- Canned & Non-perishable Foods
- Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, napkins)
- Commercial/Industrial Washers & Dryers
- Provide Emergency Assistance to families in need
Group Volunteer Project Opportunities:
- Painting an Exterior Wall Mural at the Red Shield Lodge
- Landscaping Around the Perimeter of Our Building
- Hosting a New Toy Drive to Benefit Children Through Our Angel Tree Program
- Ringing a Bell to Raise Funds for Program Needs
There are a variety of ways that you can make a difference:
To Donate Via Credit Card, please click "Donate Now" button to the left
To Donate Via Check, please mail to: The Salvation Army - P.O. Box 2839 - Tampa, FL 33601
To Donate Vehicles, Furniture or Clothing, please call: 813-972-0471
To contact the local Tampa Command, please call 813-226-0055.
To reach our state headquarters, please call 813-962-6611.
Our Commanding Officers, Majors Dan & Dawn Heard, thank you for your support!
May God Bless You!